Founded on the grounds of the Rolling Acres dairy farm in April 1926, Asbury Methodist Village was proud to celebrate 2015 as its 90th year serving seniors in the Washington D.C. area. Once known as the Methodist Home for the Aged, the community changed its name to Asbury Methodist Village in 1969 and rapidly grew to a sophisticated yet caring place where people of all backgrounds could enjoy an inspiring retirement.
In 1972, the first independent living apartments were established, and the Wilson Health Care Center opened soon afterward. With all levels of care in place, Asbury Methodist Village was certified by the State of Maryland as a Continuing Care Retirement Community in 1981.
Asbury recognized that in addition to providing exceptional living options and health care services, residents lived a more fulfilling and purposeful life when there was a focus on their over all well-being. The James F. Rosborough Jr. Cultural Arts and Wellness Center opened in 2001 and offered programming and amenities targeted toward enhancing residents’ physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, vocational and social well-being.
The award-winning care, programs and facilities of Asbury Methodist Village demonstrate a commitment to wellness that permeates the entire community and drives the future endeavors of the community.