If you are a member of the press and have questions about Asbury Methodist Village, its healthcare and wellness initiatives, residents, or would like a tour of the campus, please contact David Denton, executive director, at 301-216-4032.
Asbury Methodist Village Fact Sheet
1. Asbury Methodist Village is the largest continuing care retirement community in Montgomery County, Md., and the 14th largest in the United States. It offers adults 60 plus a vibrant retirement lifestyle paired with a secure plan for the future.
2. Asbury Methodist Village is part of Asbury, the 15th largest not-for-profit system of continuing care retirement communities in the United States, operating five communities in Maryland, Pennsylvania and Oklahoma.
3. More than 1,300 people age 60 plus live at Asbury Methodist Village.
4. With more than 800 associates, Asbury Methodist Village is a major employer in the Gaithersburg area. Many associates serve in hospitality-related or health-care positions. Year after year, the turnover rate among Asbury Methodist Village health-care employees is well below statewide averages.
5. Asbury Methodist Village generates annual revenues of approximately $76 million, which includes earnings on investments as well as contributions and fees generated from residents.
6. Founded in April 1926 as a charitable home operated by the Methodist Episcopal Church for the care of widows and orphans, the community has evolved over the years into a self-sustaining, not-for-profit organization. With construction of its first residential living apartment building during the early 1970s, the community was opened to all people, regardless of religious practice.
7. The campus includes 712 apartment homes, 74 villa homes, 43 courtyard homes, 133 assisted living suites and 257 skilled care accommodations, both private and shared. The 24-hour skilled center is Medicare- and Medicaid-certified, with priority access for Asbury residents and direct admission available to others.
8. Asbury Methodist Village offers residents more than 50 floor plans with a wide range of prices and entrance fees. All residences are maintenance-free, and all residents have lifelong priority access to assisted living, memory support and skilled care on-site.
9. Residents of Asbury Methodist Village have access to the community’s Benevolent Care program, which provides support for residents who deplete their financial resources through no fault of their own. Since its founding in 1926, Asbury Methodist Village has never asked a resident to leave due to inability to pay.
10. Asbury Methodist Village is located on 130 acres, encompassing walking trails, two ponds, mature trees and a 17-acre wildlife preserve. Other amenities include resident gardens, tennis and bocce courts, and the Rosborough Cultural Arts and Wellness Center, which
includes an indoor pool, fitness center, and walking track, a computer center, television studio and 275-seat theatre. In addition, residents established and run the Keese School of Continuing Education.
11. Asbury Methodist Village is a community within the Gaithersburg community, with an on-campus private physician center, pharmacy and outpatient rehab clinic, full-service bank, three privately operated salons, a convenience store and gift shops.
12. All Asbury Communities’ campuses utilize the HealthAbility lifestyle program, where residents work with associates to develop a plan based on six components of wellness — physical, intellectual, spiritual, vocational, emotional and social.